Automated meter exports
Each device has various internal meters it uses to keep track of usage statistics (such as the number of pages printed). PrintFleet automatically reads the meters from the devices, and can be configured to export the information to any of several popular Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems – Digital Gateway’s e-automate, ECI’s: OMD, La Crosse, and Evatic. You can also include meter information in reports which can be automatically emailed in .csv or .pdf format, and then customized for import into virtually any billing system.
Service alerts and maintenance flags
When a printing device encounters a problem, it typically sends a message to the network. It could be something as simple as an Out of Paper notification or something more serious requiring the attention of a service technician. PrintFleet Enterprise is able to detect these messages (including vendor-specific error codes), and alert you when they occur. You can define a custom email response to each alert (such as choosing a different recipient and subject line), and you can manage and sort your active alerts from a single screen.
You can also set maintenance flags to notify you when it is time for scheduled maintenance on a device.
To help you answer the questions that will enable your success, PrintFleet includes over 40 preformatted reports, such as; The Advanced Volume report – useful for reallocating underused devices or replacing old or overused devices. It can help answer such questions as:
- Do you have the right technology?
- Are color devices being used for color printing?
- Are multi-function printers being used to copy/print/scan?
- Are there opportunities to reallocate or replace high volume / low duty cycle devices?
- Are there opportunities to reallocate low volume / high duty cycle devices to high volume areas?
The Power Usage report – displays fields related to the power cost of a selected group of devices over a specified time period. It can help answer such questions as:
- Are there any high energy devices, particularly with low page volumes?
- Can any high energy cost-per-page devices be replaced?
If necessary, you can create customized individual reports to address other questions.
You can also create customized executive reports that bundle related reports into a single document. Reports can be set to automatically email to a recipient on a predetermined basis, or can be downloaded in .pdf format from the PrintFleet web interface.
Customizable device views
- Technical View; Provides basic information about devices, including the name, supplies status, device status, yesterday meter count, serial number, IP address, location, and last active date.
- Supplies Order View; Displays supplies-related information, including toner levels or status. Supplies can also be ordered from the Supplies Order View.
- Alerts View; Displays the customer name, number of devices that have recent alerts, and a link to view alert details for each device.
- Maps View; Upload images of your office floor plans, then use them to place images of printing devices, computing devices, people, and other miscellaneous items. PrintFleet automatically updates the status of the devices, allowing you to quickly identify and locate devices requiring attention.
If you want to view the collected data some other way, you can easily create custom device views that include only the data fields you want in the order you want.
Managed vs. unmanaged device classification
For each device, you can specify whether it is managed (meaning you are responsible for the device, such as part of a service contract) or unmanaged. This allows you to group devices by managed vs. unmanaged in views and reports, and track the amount of pages you are managing vs. those your competitors are managing over time. Specify a management status further by identifying the devices with managed supplies and/or managed service.
Role-based user management
Control access to your PrintFleet web interface by creating roles that specify user permissions; what screens they can access, whether they have read or write access, and whether they see actual or alias group names. Roles can be assigned to one or more users, and users can be assigned one or more roles.
Flexible group management allows you to sort devices exactly how you want; by customer, location, account rep, floor – whatever grouping makes sense for your business. Each group can have unlimited subgroups.
Device location maps
If your office floor plan is available in any of the most common graphic formats, you can easily import the image and place your devices in their actual locations. Use this as a consulting tool to reallocate, consolidate, replace, or retire devices, or to simply quickly locate a particular device. The location map also provides a quick overview of device status with flashing indicators that show device status (red-warning, yellow-caution, and green-OK).
Customizable user interface
Customize your PrintFleet web interface to match your corporate brand. Add your logo, corporate colors, and a custom login screen.
Online DCA installation
Install the DCA and access available activation codes directly from the PrintFleet web interface.